2023 Kamloops Kamping Trip
June 23-25, 2023
NSRide is hosting its third annual CAMPING TRIP!!! We have secured the group campsite at Paul Lake Provincial Park for the weekend of June 23-25. We actually have it booked until the 26th, so anyone who can take the day off on Monday are welcome to stay. The group campsite is conveniently located at the bottom of the shuttle road for the Harper Mountain trail network.
This weekend is a ton of fun and a bit different than what you normally expect from an NSRide event. We will not have "official" club rides this weekend. Instead, we will gather as like-minded mountain bikers in an awesome location and spend the weekend riding bikes. There is a climbing route on Harper Mountain for those who want to pedal and it is a great mountain to be shuttled. In previous years, we've a core group of shuttlers as well as a few smaller groups of pedalers. The trails are great for riders of various skill levels to ride together without anyone waiting long or feeling pressed to keep up. Once we know who is coming, we will work on shuttle logistics.
If you are coming and wish to shuttle, please let us know if you have a vehicle that can take multiple riders and bikes. Bonus points for higher clearance vehicles (SUVs and Trucks). The road to the VERY top can get a bit dicey.
All attendees of the Kamloops Kamping Trip who plan to ride bikes must be NSRide Members. At minimum, one member of each party needs to be a full member, but significant others or friends are welcome to attend the trip with a one-week guest pass. Dogs are also welcome and don't need a guest pass (because they are awesome).
Date: Friday, June 23 - Monday June 26
Location: Paul Lake Groupsite. Paul Lake Road, Kamloops, BC
What is included:
- 2 or 3 nights stay at Paul Lake Group Campground. Great if you can stay until Monday, but at least there is no pressure to check out on Sunday
- Good times with like-minded mountain bikers in an awesome corner of the province
- Fetch with Chester (because he will make you). All dogs welcome!
- At least one member of each party must be a full NSRide Member. Significant others or one friend are welcome to join a full member as long as they have (at minimum) a one week guest pass valid for the dates of the event. The guest pass is needed for insurance, so if your significant other is NOT riding bikes, no guest pass is required.
- The Paul Lake Group Campground is in a remote location with no cell reception. Cell reception is a 5-7 minute drive up the road.
- There is a hand pump on site for water, but it often has a boil water advisory. It is strongly recommended that you bring enough drinking water for the weekend.
- There is a large covered cooking shelter and and pit toilets on site.
- The campground is a 20 minute drive from Kamloops. There are no restaurants nearby.
- All attendees must be self sufficient for camping, cooking, etc.
- Refunds are not permitted, but substitutions are welcome. If you are unable to make it, find an NSRide member to take your place and contact the organizer to let them know who will be attending.
- No refunds will be issued for no-shows
- This is a rain or shine, sleet or snow event. In the unlikely case that the event has to be cancelled, 100% of all registration fees will be refunded.